Halloween is the season of spooks, scares, and...safety? Yep, it's true! Halloween is the perfect time to go over some necessary safety tips like the ones below!
- Always watch for cars, espeically ones that are turning or backing up.
- Stay on the sidewalk and stop and obey traffic signals.
- When crossing the street, put electronic devices down.
- Try to make eye contact with a driver before crossing in front of them.
- Don’t run, walk, across the street.
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or glowsticks.
- Choose brightly colored costumes, if possible.
- Avoid face masks and opt for facepaint instead.
- Carry flashlights to not only help with seeing, but to be seen.
- Eliminate distractions inside your car.
- Drive slower than usual on Halloween, obeying speed limits.
- Enter and exit driveways and alleys with caution.
- Be especially alert for kids from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM, those are popular trick-or-treating hours.
- A good dinner prior to trick-or-treating will discourage kiddos from filling up on Halloween treats.
- Tell children to wait until they get home to eat their treats so that an adult can check their candy.
- Try to ration treats for the days and weeks following Halloween.
Wishing you and your family a safe and happy Halloween from Overhead Door!