Yep, your garage door could use a makeover. And guess what? It may not be as hard as you think!
A fresh coat of paint can go a long way when it comes to a garage door. In fact, it can be the finishing touch to your home's exterior makeover. Let's learn how to paint a garage door to get the best aesthetic results for your home!
How To Paint A Garage Door:
1. Begin with a 2in wide brush. After thoroughly mixing the paint, start with the top panel of the garage door. Paint into the recessed area of the panel, starting at a corner and continuing around the perimeter.
2. Paint the remainder of the panel, until it is entirely complete. Wipe away any excess paint that has overlapped onto the stiles. Repeat until all the panels on your door are complete.
3. Starting at the top corner and continuing around the walls, paint around the perimeter of the garage door itself, in 2in-3in wide sections.
4. Using a roller, paint the stiles around the perimeter of each individual panel. Continue until the garage door is complete.
5. Using your brush, paint the inside frame of the garage door, starting at the top and continuing down the sides until the frame is complete. Wipe away any excess paint.
6. Paint the side edges of the trim (where the trim meets the wall), starting at the top corner. Continue until all edges are complete.
7. Finish your garage door by painting the face of the trim, across the top and down the sides.
Painting a garage door is an easy spring fix for your home! It's pretty surprising what a difference a coat of paint can make. If your garage door is in good working order, there isn't a point to purchasing a new door entirely. However, think of us first when the time for replacement comes! We have a wide selection of both residential and commercial garage doors and unbeatable service to match!