Will 2017 be the year you quit putting off those home improvements? Before choosing which one(s) to tackle, it's important to know what will be most profitable...especially if you're considering selling your home any time soon! Take a look at this list of 5....don't worry, we saved the best for last!
- Replacing a front door - Replacing the front door of your home can amok a big impact on resale value. Why? It's one of the first things people see when they come into your home! It's the "first impression maker," so to speak. A steel door has the most ROI, followed by a fiberglass door.
- Installing a new fireplace - There's nothing quite as cozy as a warm fireplace on a cold winter night. In fact, buyers rank fireplaces among the top 3 amenities they would like most in their homes!
- Kitchen remodel - Yep, you guessed this one. Did you know 7 out of 10 homeowners remodel the kitchen because it's dated? Kitchen remodels that are budgeted at 6-10% of the total home value are predicted to see the highest ROI.
- Replacing Siding - While a kitchen remodel may not surprise you, this one may. The siding or cladding on the exterior of your home should not be undervalued. Consider options such as vinyl, foam backed vinyl and fiber cement.
- New garage door - According to the "Remodeling Impact Report," a project that replaces an older, two-car, embossed steel door has a current cost of about $2,300. If you sell, you can expect a healthy ROI of 87% on your investment. Start shopping here!
Hopefully, the 5 home renovations above help you determine which projects to take on in the upcoming year! For more infomation on transforming the look of your home with a new garage door, contact us today!